Saturday, February 2, 2013

Slides to Digital Photos Project - 1950s

I have started a project to scan slides that my Dad and Grandpa Fuller took beginning in 1954. I tried three ways of printing the scanned images - at home, using HP's Snapfish service and Persnickety Prints online service. All three were very good, but Persnickety Prints offers the most options in terms of sizes, photo paper, and had as good or better quality photos than the other two.

Now I am putting the photos into a Three Ring Binder using Project Life photo sleeves and cards. Here are the first two double-page layouts that I completed this week.






I'm having lots of fun looking at the old photos, and have also scanned some things that Mom saved for me like the Birth Announcement she mailed out and my Baptismal Certificate. I am also going to try to incorporate scanned images of the Baby Book she started for me, but never had time to finish.

I think this project will take me quite some time to finish, but one thing I have now is time.


No comments:

Post a Comment