Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family Tree Scrapbook Album


Franz and Margaret Kraus & Family

I've finally finished putting copies of all the old photos from my Mom and Dad's families into a scrapbook album. I limited myself to studio portraits, or similar snapshots, for each of my direct ancestors and a few of my aunts and uncles. I'm amazed at how many of my ancestors had their pictures taken. One or two of them are photos of paintings or drawings.



These are four photos of ancestors in my family tree that go back the farthest. Samuel Fuller (b 1802 in VT), Paulina Norton Hill (b 1805 in ME), Marianna Fairbanks Hendee (b 1798 in VT), and Sarah Price/Preiss Wentling (b 1821 in PA). The photos were probably taken between 1880 and 1890. The picture of Marianna Fairbanks is a painting that my mother owns - it was done in 1816 - the year she was married. I'm lucky that my mother's family was good about keeping family history photos and sharing them with all the descendants.

I am planning to use this blog to document my research as I work on the next two levels of family history. My trip to Ohio last month produced a lot of new source documents and photos. I'll be updating RootsMagic and also writing more of my Young/Bell Family History book.

I will also be starting to write the Brandt/Suber Family History book and I found some new information in Wyandot County. The Wentz Cemetery in Richland Township, for example, had tombstones that mark the graves of several of my ancestors. I need to get the information added to my RootsMagic database and also analyze what other research I should do next.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Sue,

    I have spent many years researching my wife's Hendee family. My research includes your Marianna Fairbanks Hendee and her husband Col. Daniel Hendee along with several generations of his Hendee ancestors. I have also collected old Hendee family photos and portraits which I have scanned and can send via email. I am very interested in sharing our Hendee information. Please reply to the email below if you would like to do the same. Thanks,
    David Petrie
    Arden Hills, Minnesota
    dapwyn@aol.com

    ReplyDelete